Monday, January 21, 2008

how many more are there?

how many more teeth does nathan have left to lose?

i have to admit i can't wait until all of his baby teeth are over and done with. i don't know what it is but loose teeth gross me out. when nathan has a loose tooth i do not wiggle it. i'll drive him over to grandma's before i'll wiggle it.

last night i was tucking nathan into bed and for some reason asked him if he had any loose teeth. what do you know he did. one of his top molars was so loose i couldn't believe it was still there. he got up and went into the bathroom to try to pull it out. i immediately called for brad and got the heck out of dodge. after a few minutes of checking things out he decided to go to bed and work on it in the morning. i came back into the picture and started the tuck in experience again. This time i actually did look at the tooth that was loose and realized that his new tooth coming in had already broke thru and i could see both teeth!!! sick. i called brad again and made nathan get back into the bathroom. i told them to get it out before he swallowed it. believe me i know nathan didn't want to swallow the tooth so i knew at that point he wasn't going to bed with that still intact. again i made my exit stage left while brad the finisher (again see how this name would work as his american gladiator name??!!) took care of business!

brad was holding onto the tooth and wiggling it around a little while nathan made lots of over exaggerated loud noises (of course i'm sure he wasn't thinking about his awful dentist experience previously posted) and all of the sudden brad had the tooth in his hand. nathan "OW'd" a few more times before realizing the tooth was out. all of the sudden i could hear (from the other room of course) nathan say "oh it's out??" HA! actor... don't know who he gets that from...

yeah it was out!!! I again got nathan back into bed. nathan was so excited because this now meant that the tooth fairy was going to be making a visit. I asked him if he thought that she would come (because it was actually quite late 11:58 pm - hey no school today!) and he said "yeah, you know she does work all night" then "hey mom this means that now i'll wake up and get money on Martin Luther King Jrs birthday!!"

come on now who doesn't want that???

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so lucky these days!!! The only thing I EVER got for the tooth fairy was a Quarter!!!

Amy said...

Seriously, how can I get hooked up with your toothfairy. What's the going rate these days, anyways? :-)

Shannon said...

i have to say that when i had a full time job his teeth seemed to be worth more then they are now... :)

stephanie said...

how many more to go?? your stories are so much fun to read. :) it was so much fun seeing you guys today. thanks for helping the kids figure out the games on the wii. :) love ya...

Alicia said...

I am not going to let my kids see this blog if they see Nathan w/ his money they are going to have a lot of questions for the Toothfairy:)

Matt said...

I remember mom used to always trick me when I had a loose tooth. I would say, "don't pull it out!" And she would say, "I won't, I just want to see how loose it is." Then, yank! Obviously I now carry on the tradition and trick Natalie any chance I get.

Anonymous said...

This comment is not about this post... but I just want to remind you that I did Tag you... and I am waiting for your answers... as well as another post on your blog, what has it been a a week??

Rhonda Riley said...

You know...I'm looking forward to putting my dentures under my pillow someday...my luck I will find a package of chiclets and the teeth gone :) Nathan is hilarious...I still love 'armpit dark'...it should be a crayola color. love, mom