Monday, October 27, 2008

how i spent my summer vacation...

with all that life has going on i attempt to finally finish this post - i actually started this back in September - it is now October 26th...oh blah dee

seriously what vacation? I remember when I was a kid I used to think that you went to school for a year then had summer vacation for a year. What a terrible day when I realized how wrong I was - and then another terrible day when I realized that when you work there is no such thing as a 3 month break. Oh well.

So besides giving Nathan the "cheese touch" as often as possible (see Diary of a Wimpy Kid book volume 1) here are some pictures of how we spent our summer vacation...

we celebrated dad and all 60 of his years!!

we played in newport

i made my first icing roses!! watch out mom...

I witnessed this guy getting baptized in Carlsbad


and this kid having a blast!


FINALLY got to swim!


we moved maddie into her new college life...wait that's nathan sitting on a college girls bed, with a college girl, in the college girls room! isn't that bed awesome??? I put it together! i rule.

went to St. George and trespassed at Sand Hollow

drove recklessly in the church parking lot

and climbed and hiked everything we could...
fun times were had by all!

5 comments:

Rhonda Riley said...

Your roses do scare me Shannon...ha!! So much better than mine! YOU may have the 'torch'. May every cake you make remind you of yo' mama ~ ha...and may I get a piece of each one...your summer was full of variety and fun...just like you :) You left out babysitting for us...love you!

Anonymous said...

You finally posted!!! Yeah! Fun summer... come back and visit ANY TIME!!!

Ann said...

It's endless summer in California. You could post in December and no one would know the difference. Enjoyed the update.

stephanie said...

fun new post - bout time!! so now i finally know why i grew up thinking that school was a year and summer was a year - you must have told me so. did you know i thought the same thing??
great pictures. great baptism picture! and yes, can i have a bed like that? king size of course.
anyway, happy to read your new post!

Matt said...

Quite a summer! Very good recap. Hmm, I thought we did get 3 months off work every summer...hang on I better go call my boss to make sure I still have a job